In addition to making it easy to generate PDF bookmarks from a Word document (click link to see how) , Headings and Bookmarks afford your reviewers an easy method of navigation.
Here are shortcuts to Applying Heading Styles and Creating Bookmarks.
To quickly apply Heading styles
- Select the item by placing insertion point anywhere on that line of text (Heading styles will auto-apply to the entire paragraph).
- Hold CTRL and SHIFT down and press 1, 2, or 3 to apply that corresponding outline level (e.g., CTRL+SHIFT+2 applies Heading 2 style).
Note, only the first 3 Heading styles have shortcut keystrokes pre-assigned to them. Alternatively, you can also Press CTRL + SHIFT + S (Apply Style shortcut) then select or enter the style name.
To create Bookmarks
- Select the text to bookmark.
Note: Unlike Heading Styles, you must select all text to be included in the bookmark.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + F5. The Bookmark dialog appears.
- Enter your bookmark name:
-name can contain only letters and/or numbers
-name cannot begin with a number
- Click Add.
Note: If you use the same name as an existing bookmark the original will be overwriten without warning.
- Automatically Generate Bookmarks in a PDF
- Duplicating Footnotes in Word
- Shortcut: Accents made easy in Word
Comments and questions are always welcome!