“404”, “Fail” & “Hashtag; most popular words of 2013
Who doesn’t love Easter Eggs!
No, not the Springtime ovo-cuniculus variety (although they are good too). I am talking about those purposeless treats that programmers embed into applications, hoping that someone will come across it.
This is done less and less nowadays (probably because software firms assessed how much time was being billed as ‘work time’ for a pointless feature. I still remember back in the when you could run a virtual Flight simulator from your desk by pressing a series of keys (google “Excel 97 Flight Simulator” for more on that).
Here are some ‘secret’ tricks for you Google Chrome users
In Chrome, enter any of the below into the search bar:
- Type ‘do a barrel roll‘ then press Enter
- Type ‘askew‘ (or Type ‘tilt‘ in the search bar and then press Enter)
- Type ‘google in 1998‘ and press Enter (if you’re feeling nostalgic)
- Type ‘google sphere‘ in the search bar and then CLICK ‘ I’m Feeling Lucky ‘ (trippy!)
And finally (although this is not really an Easter egg, but):
- Hover your mouse over the ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ button’
Comments and questions are always welcome!