Google has announced that their new and improved Gmail will start launching in July, hosting a range of new Inbox features, like:
- Snooze: adds a timer for a message to pop back up later
- Preview: view attachments (i.e., docs, jpgs) from within the message list
- Side-Bar: quick access to Google apps (e.g., Calendar, Keep) and 3rd-party Add-ins
In addition, Compose also gets a few new tools:
- Smart Compose, an IA (intelligent assistant) for sentence completion.
- Confidential Mode, limits recipient’s print and forward options
- Message Delete, automatically destroys message after a set time.
But Why Wait?
The new interface becomes standard in July, with the Google’s customary Opt-in or postpone option. Users who can’t wait can opt-in right now.
To Switch to the new Gmail:
- Click the Settings Gear at right
- Select Try the Gmail