WithEmail, a good subject line is essential for good filing, however not every sender considers that when composing their email. If you received an email that needs a more descriptive subject, follow these steps to edit the Subject line.
To Edit the Outlook Subject line
- Open the message.
- Click the chevron (▿) at the far right of the message header. The header will expand down.
- Click your insertion point on the subject line and edit the text.
- Close the message, selecting Yes, when prompted to save (alternatively, press CTRL+S to save edits prior to close).
Want to edit the subject lines a little quicker? Change your Outlook View Settings to edit subjects lines directly from the Message List.
Modify your view settings to edit subject lines from the Message list.
- Click View and select View Settings. The Advanced View Settings dialog appears.
- Click Other Settings button. The Other Settings dialog appears.
- Check the Allow in-cell editing.
- OK. OK.
Click the subject line you want to change, and edit directly in the Message List.
- RSS Feeds Made Simple in Outlook
- Accents made easy in Word
- Arianna Huffington deletes her employees emails … and you can too
apples to: Outlook 2016, Office 365
One thought on “Editing an Email Subject line in Outlook”