Because who couldn’t benefit from a moment of pause?
If you’d like to delay your email delivery by 5 minutes, create this Outlook rule. The message will sit in your Outbox for the specified length of time, giving you the necessary time to re-open and, if so warranted, edit the item before re-sending.
Setting a Send Delay Rule in Outlook
- On the Home Tab click Rules and select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Click New Rule. The Rules Wizard Dialog appears.
- At the bottom of Step 1: Select a template area, click Apply rule on messages I send, then click Next. The dialog will advance to Step 1: Select conditions.
- Click Next. A message appears; “This rule will be applied to every message you send. Is this correct?” Click Yes to confirm.
- In the Step 1: Select action(s) area, check defer deliver by a number of minutes.
- In the Step 2: Edit the rule description area, click a number of, enter the delay (e.g., 5), then click OK.
- Click Next. The dialog will advance to Step 1: Select exceptions. Click Next.
- In the Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, enter a name (e.g., “Send in 5 minutes”)
- Check Turn on this Rule, and click Finish.