Here’s a quick tip that highlights PowerPoint’s easy to use Photo Album.
Remember the time when slideshow, meant a carousel of slides with you sitting in a dark room while [insert familial relation here] clicked through a series of pictures from some vacation?
No? Hmm, I may be dating myself. 😦
Take a retro moment; throw-away that text based presentation you have been struggling with (let’s face it, no one reads that stuff anyway) in favor of an old fashioned picture slideshow.
Create a Photo Album Slideshow:
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click the top split of the Photo Album button. The Photo Album dialog appears.
- Click the File/Disk button. The Insert New Pictures dialog appears.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the pictures to be included and select those images.
Note use CTRL + CLICK to ‘cherry pick’ images, or CLICK on the first picture and SHIFT + CLICK on the last to select that set of pictures.
- Click OK to return the Photo Album dialog.
- Optionally, adjust a picture’s settings by selecting that picture and then clicking the appropriate Move, Contrast or Rotate option.
- Select a Picture layout (e.g., Fit to slide, 2 Pictures, etc.) and select a Theme.
- Click Create.
Voila! Press F5 (shortcut) to run the slideshow
Should you need to edit the Photo album, click the bottom split of the Photo Album button and select Edit Photo Album.
Comments and questions are always welcome!