Need to insert a screenshot into your presentation, document, spreadsheet or email? The Office 2010/2013 Insert Screenshot button makes this easy.
Watch this 60 second video to see all you need to know.
To Insert a Screenshot
- Display content window that has the material to capture. Do not minimize this window.
- Open or switch to destination application (i.e., MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or Outlook).
- Place cursor where you wish to insert the screen capture.
- On the Insert tab of the Ribbon, click Screenshot button. The available (i.e. not minimized) windows will display as thumbnails.
- To insert an entire window; select associated thumbnail from the drop-down.
- To insert a portion of the window previously displayed; select Screen Clipping, then CLICK + DRAG cross-hair around the portion to insert.
- Happy Birthday, Windows (quincyharley.wordpress.com)
- Quickly Add Screenshots to an Outlook Email (lifehacker.com)
- Insert a screenshot in Word 2010 (Productivity Hub, technet.com)
Comments and questions are always welcome!