Try this: Suppress the number on your first (title) slide, and renumber the second slide Slide 1. This makes referring to talking points easier since it is unlikely there is anything you will refer to on the title slide.
Follow these steps or view this 30 second video.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Slide Number. The Header and Footer dialog appears.
- Check Slide number and Don’t show on title slide check boxes.
- Click Apply to all.
- On the Design tab, in Customize group, click Slide Size and choose Custom Slide Size. The Slide Size dialog appears.
(PowerPoint 2003/07 users: Click Page Setup to display the Page Setup dialog)
- In the Number slides from field type ‘0’ (zero).
- Click OK.
Comments and questions are always welcome!
- Working with Sections in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint – Insert Screenshot
- PowerPoint Photo Album
- More PowerPoint tips